Welcome!

I didn't start learning to ride until May 2010 and for the entire summer of that year was injured. My first year of riding was not that solid but since April last year, I've not missed a ride. I can walk, sit and rise trot, canter, and have started learning transitions and diagonals on a variety of horses. Come and join me on my adventures with my horsey friends all done with no sight on my part. don't feel afraid to ask me any questions. being blind and a horse rider is new, interesting and very exciting. So I hope you can gain something from reading this.

Sunday 27 May 2012

Happy, Sunny, Days

After yesterday's lovely ride on Bella, I chose to ride her for my first ride today. She'd just been in a jumping lesson but she was raring to go. I was following behind another pony today and didn't have a walker or a leader. This has helped to increase my confidence again which is great for me. Our trots were beautiful and forward and I felt she was really listening to me again. I had full control of her as I had no leader or walker so it was entirely down to me to get her to follow the other horses. We didn't get a canter but I was not dismayed in the slightest. My RI said the energy she had was great and I was doing really well on her. Once back at the yard, there was a vote on who I should ride next and Shadow won the vote. Yes, my gorgeous, tall, white friend is back in work and my goodness, it was amazing to be back on his back and working together. His trots were beautiful and even got him into canter. I was super happy. Even on the back lane where he didn't canter, which was more to do with me rather than him, I couldn't have cared less. I had two very enjoyable rides on two amazing horses who I hold dearly to me. The best thing was that Bella is listening more and more and Shadow and I seemed to just slip back to our old team work. Fabulous day and all under the sunny skies of England! :) Thanks for reading, Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment