Welcome!

I didn't start learning to ride until May 2010 and for the entire summer of that year was injured. My first year of riding was not that solid but since April last year, I've not missed a ride. I can walk, sit and rise trot, canter, and have started learning transitions and diagonals on a variety of horses. Come and join me on my adventures with my horsey friends all done with no sight on my part. don't feel afraid to ask me any questions. being blind and a horse rider is new, interesting and very exciting. So I hope you can gain something from reading this.

Saturday 26 May 2012

Beautiful Ride With Bella

It has been baking in the UK this week so I wasn't expecting much from today's ride except a lovely walk and maybe a few nice trots and lots of sweaty ponies. When I got there, there was only bella left which was more than OK with me but I did think to myself, gotta put extra work into little Miss this morning. She can be a stubborn mare at times and only do what she wants to. But how pleasantly surprised I was to ride up hill on her with forward steps and very little of my asking today. Our first trot started well then she decided we were done. I kicked on but nothing else was going to happen. I virtually was on my own with her today as I've often been. Another nice walk and a further trot then down the cobbles where she can be a pain. She wasn't. Tried to do her own thing, put my legs on and she realised we were not playing games. At the bottom of the cobbles, a great trot that lasted all the distance. I was so happy as she had been a pure dream for me today in the sunshine. On the back lane, I seriously was not expecting to canter. If you remember, she's the one horse famous at our yard to be difficult to get into canter. I rode by myself, as I have on most of that ride and canter we did. Admittedly only for two strides but this is only the second time I have gotten beautiful Bella to canter for me at all. I was mighty proud and gave her lots of cuddles when we got to the yard. I was going to ride again but plans changed so hopefully riding twice tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it as the weather has given good again tomorrow. Happy hacking! Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment