Welcome!

I didn't start learning to ride until May 2010 and for the entire summer of that year was injured. My first year of riding was not that solid but since April last year, I've not missed a ride. I can walk, sit and rise trot, canter, and have started learning transitions and diagonals on a variety of horses. Come and join me on my adventures with my horsey friends all done with no sight on my part. don't feel afraid to ask me any questions. being blind and a horse rider is new, interesting and very exciting. So I hope you can gain something from reading this.

Monday 2 April 2012

More Diagonals

Riding was fun yesterday. I was on Topaz and he was in his own little world yesterday so took a bit to get him to listen and do as asked but we got there. We took the road route yesterday and followed another horse. My trots consisted of my instructor yelling, "which diagonal are you on?" And me yelling back, "Left" or "right". On all trots yesterday, got it right on. Only problem I had was on the last trot when she asked me to switch and Topaz decided because I was sitting in trot for two strides, we were not trotting anymore. Our canters were definite but short lived. I was impressed on the back lane though, he wasn't for cantering but I got him there twice,even though trotting was what he was wanting to do. Not much else to report. Was a good and uneventful ride yesterday. Thanks Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment