Welcome!

I didn't start learning to ride until May 2010 and for the entire summer of that year was injured. My first year of riding was not that solid but since April last year, I've not missed a ride. I can walk, sit and rise trot, canter, and have started learning transitions and diagonals on a variety of horses. Come and join me on my adventures with my horsey friends all done with no sight on my part. don't feel afraid to ask me any questions. being blind and a horse rider is new, interesting and very exciting. So I hope you can gain something from reading this.

Monday 9 April 2012

Contrasted Rides

This weekend was a true contrast. I rode Shadow on Saturday and had a reasonably good ride on him. Yesterday however, Sunday, was a different story. I won't say they were bad or even unproductive rides, they were just hard work! I rode Bella first who was being a bit of a moody mare. I had to be very bossy both with leg and vocally with her yesterday. Never even got her into a canter. Then i rode Harry who was in a very Harry like mood, ploddy and just simply hard work. My legs got a fantastic work out yesterday but Harry did surprise us all and got him from halt into a canter on the back lane. So despite all the hard work, it really paid off for me in the end. I have had a brief canter on Harry once before but this was a proper canter so was pleased with it. I hope next weekend brings more fun and games with the horses. Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment