Welcome!

I didn't start learning to ride until May 2010 and for the entire summer of that year was injured. My first year of riding was not that solid but since April last year, I've not missed a ride. I can walk, sit and rise trot, canter, and have started learning transitions and diagonals on a variety of horses. Come and join me on my adventures with my horsey friends all done with no sight on my part. don't feel afraid to ask me any questions. being blind and a horse rider is new, interesting and very exciting. So I hope you can gain something from reading this.

Wednesday 16 November 2011

stress Makes Me a Bad rider

There have been some things in my personal life this week that have caused some real stress for me. This did not make tuesday's lesson a overly successful one from my point of view. Hence why, it has taken me so long to write the blog. Hiding away from the world was much more productive for me yesterday.

I arrived, late, due to those vanishing half past eight buses. Did not help the already stressed out mood I was in. Wacked my hat on, mounted my tall white friend and felt better in the saddle, although much more tense than I would have liked.

We opted for the farm hack, well, I did, in the hopes I could relax my brain into just, me, horse and nature. Sadly, my attempt to relax was futile.

My trots were OK, not my best and I know my position was not as good as it felt like a huge effort pushing up out of the saddle.

cantering was not happening, he had the spaark, I did not give him enough to get him fully there.

He was listening to me during the ride but the level of stress I was feeling, I'm surprised I had the ability to do anything.

I untacked my tall white friend, gave him a hug and left the yard feeling deflated.

But, the thing that was bothering me has now been resolved and so hopefully I'll have less weight on my shoulders and will have a better lesson tomorrow.

Thanks for reading,

Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment