Welcome!

I didn't start learning to ride until May 2010 and for the entire summer of that year was injured. My first year of riding was not that solid but since April last year, I've not missed a ride. I can walk, sit and rise trot, canter, and have started learning transitions and diagonals on a variety of horses. Come and join me on my adventures with my horsey friends all done with no sight on my part. don't feel afraid to ask me any questions. being blind and a horse rider is new, interesting and very exciting. So I hope you can gain something from reading this.

Friday 9 September 2011

Put This Week Behind Me

I wasn't going to blog about yesterday's lesson. I didn't find it at all an improvement on Tuesday. If anything, at the time I think it was worse so chalking this week up to a complete and utter bad experience. But I know, the bad ones define the good ones so it's OK. If you'd asked me that this time yesterday, I might have just cried in pure frustration. Some days we are not in the right mind, and some days neither are the horses. Neither was the case yesterday it seemed. So my lesson for yesterday, put it behind me and head into next week with the determination to enjoy it. I think I'm tensing a lot and this is not helping. I want to get it so right and by thinking like that, I'm getting it so wrong. So this was a short one but we're putting this week behind us and heading into next week as a fresh week. Until next time, Marie

3 comments:

  1. I completely sympathise with you but it is better when you have your own. There's no pressure to ride at a certain time on a particular day so when you're having a bad time of it you just turn your horse out in the field!

    I'm also glad to see you are human after all!

    Until next week. :)

    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marie! Just to let you know I had a pretty crappy lesson myself today! Let's not be too hard on ourselves though! Like you, I'll put it behind me and look forward to the next one!
    All the best

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Lorraine, I am definitely human. :) and I suppose its best that I learn where I'm going wrong to so I can put it right and do better. That's all about learning, after all. :)

    Thank you Eevee, it's bad at the time, isn't it? But lets both hope our next lessons are both better.
    All the best to you too. :)
    Marie

    ReplyDelete