Welcome!

I didn't start learning to ride until May 2010 and for the entire summer of that year was injured. My first year of riding was not that solid but since April last year, I've not missed a ride. I can walk, sit and rise trot, canter, and have started learning transitions and diagonals on a variety of horses. Come and join me on my adventures with my horsey friends all done with no sight on my part. don't feel afraid to ask me any questions. being blind and a horse rider is new, interesting and very exciting. So I hope you can gain something from reading this.

Sunday 8 July 2012

Quiet Ride

I was simply exhausted again this morning and was told I'd be riding Bella. This was more than OK with me as I haven't ridden her in a few weeks. The ride was overall quiet and very uneventful. Trots were good and minus her not cantering, she was being more than cooperative. Someone walked with me on this ride which I wasn't overly impressed by as I've ridden Bella independently for a long time. We didn't have our usual RI as she was off on an hour hack with two ladies and I suspect it was this reason more than anything I was stuck with a walker. Anyway, I got over that fact and as I said was a nice quiet, non eventful ride. On the back lane, I wound her up, by squeezing her and halting her to get her fidgety and then asked for a canter. She almost went then decided against it. Classic Bella! :) I felt somewhat deflated today and it wasn't really about the ride I don't think, not even sure what it was. I stood with Bella, giving her cuddles and then left feeling almost like, why did I just bother? Anyway, onward and forward. Will write more next week. Thanks, Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment